Attention Advancing Guitar Players…
Annihilate Slow Progress, Get Explosive Results and Find Your Greatness
- You own every guitar DVD known to man and still feel like something is missing from your playing.
- You practice constantly and while you can play well, you don’t seem to find that sense of satisfaction you used to get from playing.
- You’ve played with many bands on more gigs than you can count, but it’s difficult to gel and find a musical situation that feels comfortable.
- You long for a sense of musical freedom allowing you to play whatever you hear in your heart and mind at a moments notice.
This specific stage in a player’s progress can be one of the most brutal, for sure! They begin wondering if they’ve wasted all their time pursuing a passion that they’ll never fully realize. The self-doubt begins to creep in and suddenly the joy of playing is GONE! Worst of all, as the joy melts away so does the hope of one day progressing and reaching the playing goals all players yearn for as teenagers…
We understand exactly how you feel because we see similar situations in other advancing players every day!
What used to work for you as a beginning or intermediate player no longer produces results…
- The same practice strategies don’t work…
- You don’t experience progress as quickly…
- The joy you once experienced while learning new music has disappeared…
Advancing Players Face Different and More Complex Challenges than Most Players…
Number 1 Challenge: Information Gaps + Bad Habits = Frustration and Overwhelm
Advancing guitarists have put in a ton of work to get to whatever level they’re at. In an ideal situation, advanced players should have built a strong foundation which includes elements like:
- music theory
- ear training
- developing solid time
- a large chord vocabulary
- the ability to visualize the fretboard
- rhythm playing
- soloing techniques
- strong phrasing skills
- extensive scale knowledge
- interacting with other musicians
However, if we’re honest, there are probably more than a few gaps in that foundational knowledge, right? So, instead of being 80% of the way to musical freedom, maybe it’s more like 50%. Ouch!
Now, let’s add in the factor of bad habits that have been forming and setting in over the years. That creates a HUGE bottleneck and limits what a player can ultimately accomplish on the guitar. This pushes us back because we now need to go backward to fix and relearn problematic areas to remove the bottleneck before moving forward. Who wants to do that?! Let’s imagine that brings our total down to 40%…
With this in mind, it becomes easy to see where much of the frustration an advancing player experiences comes from…
They feel like they’ve invested a lot of time and should have much more to show for it.
Unfortunately, the many small bottlenecks and information gaps make it impossible to achieve true mastery of the guitar.
The solution is uncovered as we study how top performers reach success and stay there…
It’s obvious that top performers invest years and years developing the necessary skills to be the best.
But how do they continue to improve and dominate in their field of expertise?
Take Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan as prime examples of athletes that have been the best of the best and continually improved throughout their careers.
What was their secret?
We could say natural talent and ability was a factor, but we all know many people with natural talent who will never be the next Tiger or Air Jordan.
One MASSIVE common factor keeping people at the top of their game is the presence of a great coach, mentor and/or teacher WHO’S EXCEPTIONAL IN THE AREA THEY’RE COACHING…
- The consistent support and empowerment of a great coach inspired Michael Jordan to continue practicing and improving on the basics of his game keeping him several steps ahead of the competition.
- The knowledgeable eye of a coach watching every swing Tiger makes on the practice tee diminishes the chance of developing bad habits that are hard to correct.
- If these superior athletes recognized the benefits of high-value coaching, shouldn’t we? The experienced coaching these two amazing athletes benefitted from made them game changers in their respective sports.
Having an experienced coach, mentor or teacher works the same way with developing and maintaining high levels of skill as a musician. Without the trained eye of an instructor consistently verifying the basic motions and elements of a player’s technique, there’s a much greater chance of halting progress or developing bad habits. Not to mention, addressing the mental aspects of playing and progressing to develop what can be considered the most important aspect high-level playing – MINDSET!
At East Mesa School of Guitar, our highly trained instructors walk with you step-by-step through the process of finding your musical freedom because we’ve all been where you’re at! We’ve already experienced the “stuck in a rut” feelings you are and tested countless strategies to overcome those feelings until we found the absolute best solutions. In fact, we still research and train in the latest methodologies ensuring our serious and committed students have the very best opportunity for success.
“I thought lessons would be tedious and boring but Ty made them varied and fun as well as effective . . . my abilities greatly increased, my confidence is higher and my musical understanding is much deeper . . . Ty is a fantastic teacher and person who knows his stuff, has a ton of playing experience and knows how to communicate it in a clear and compelling way. I would recommend Ty’s services to anyone!”
Matt McMann – Professional Musician, Mesa, AZ
Here’s how you get started:
1. Scroll down and click the big orange button.
2. On the next page tell us about your guitar journey and overall playing goals. These answers enable us to understand your expectations and desired results from this training. Please be as thorough as possible so we can help you progress as quickly as possible.
We Look forward to meeting and taking this musical journey with you…
All the best,
P.S. Not sure if this program is a good fit for you? We want to make your search for guitar instruction as effective as possible. That’s why we offer a no-cost consultation to all new students. Get Started Now.